Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's go time!

Thanks to the "Morphine Mix" shot (not an alcoholic drink) that Lisa received recently she is finally dilating to 2-3cm, the doctor could feel baby A's head/sac (we still don't have the names finished, we have the three finalists).

In about 3-4 hours we will be moved to labor and delivery (guess what they do there).  They will give her an epidural which should help her dilate more and with slightly more ease*(compared to now, that is).

This is it.  The big show! (if I had bells on my feet I would be jumping around like a court jester, but I don't and get the image out of your head.  That's just silly) It may take a while for Lisa to actually give birth.  I doubt that there will be another blog report for a while.

However, faithful readers, we will be back with tons of stories of poopy diapers, sleepless nights, and a whole lot of firsts (as they each have them!).

*Ease, comfortable, relaxed, and fine are all words Lisa has stricken from her vocabulary.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Aaron. You are wrong about the humor being lacking. I love the way you write! One of my favorite sayings is, "I'll be there with bells on," so your court jester reference is a good one to carry with you to the delivery room. George and I have been thinking of you both and send love and good wishes for a speedy and safe labor and delivery. HUGS, JDJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa and Aaron!

    I don't really know you (I'm a friend of Jules and Ian), but I just wanted to say congratulations and good luck today!! I'll have my fingers, toes, and fallopian tubes crossed that everything will go smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete