Saturday, May 16, 2009

Week 18

Happy 18 weeks! We survived another week! This week has gone well. I'm very excited that we only have one more week of multiples classes. They poo me out! They are on Wednesday evenings from 6-9 - I don't quite understand how they expect a bunch of women carrying babies to sit there for three hours, but alas. So, as a result, my Thursdays are soooooo exhausting. This week, I even needed to go out to the car during work to take a small rest.

My win for the week: Discovering the golden key to putting the final little bit of morning sickness to rest!! I started waking up at 3am and eating a bowl of cereal. Voila. No pukies. Poor Aaron, I do so well in the beginning of the week, but as the week progresses, he has to get up and get it for me. Just preparation for what's to come, I guess!!

My loss for the week: Well, this one is a bit more difficult to tell to the world, however, it's quite emotional. But let's be honest, I've always been fairly, how shall we say, transparent about most things. So you see... well, I'm growing out of my maternity bras. Already!! Yea... I bought brand new ones about two months ago (after I was already well out of my regular bras, mind you. And let's face it, I've never been a dainty A cup). Well... you've seen the pictures! They make my belly look small. I'm trying to be in denial and just stuffing and adjusting accordingly each morning, however, if things get any bigger, I will be well into special order territory.

In other news, I'm onto my next craving: Pomegranate Berry smoothies from Jack n the Box (I know!). My good friend Katie has been telling me for weeks now about these new smoothies from there. I hadn't gone, because, well, it's Jack n the Box. Despite their humorous ad campaigns, to be truthful, all I thought of was E. Coli. HOWEVER, I have officially eaten my words, because I've had at least one every day since I had my first one last Sunday (yesterday was a double day). Officially, my cravings have gone in this order (I've also included a status)
  • Watermelon: Done
  • Green Olives: Done
  • Easy Cheese (um, yes, the cheese that comes in a can): Done
  • Otter Pops: Still going strong
  • Pomegranate Berry Smoothies: Still going strong

I will leave you with a photo that I found online that made me laugh out loud so hard -- so hard that I had to call Aaron into the room. The lady below is also 18 weeks pregnant. We could totally be twins.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I need to come and see this to believe it? How about this summer?!! Give me some dates and ill work with them. June is pretty busy because it is AIDS Education Month, but other than that...I can make it work.

    Tiffany (T-Rock)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She should be force-fed Haagen-Dazs until she at least LOOKS pregnant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try the Pomegranate Berry Smoothie on my way home- you've convinced me!!! I'm glad to see there are no caramel apple flavored drinks currently on your list!

    We miss you both and want to see you soon!!! TWO boys, I can't believe it- we're so excited!!

    ReplyDelete