Thursday, May 28, 2009

Week 19

Well, we are still getting used to the fact that we are going to have two boys!!

This week we started providing music for their listening enjoyment. Clearly we needed to start with the basics. As you see below, they will be much more musically advanced now that they've spent some quality time with Journey.


I'm also excited to report that at the doctor's visit last week, she wanted to set my expectations appropriately and let me know that I should expect to really "pooch out" over the next few weeks. Phew! I was getting so worried that I wasn't growing...

Some additional Week 19 information regarding A and B (or as my mom refers to them as Amos and Barnaby):

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom - about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to eath other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from picking from the amniotic fluid (ew)

No comments:

Post a Comment