Thursday, May 21, 2009

I have two penises!


They're boys!!

Well, we had the big ultra-sound on Tuesday! Apologies for not updating sooner, I've been so busy with work, that damn parenting class (last week - thank god) and well, growing two babies. I was so tired after the ultra-sound that I fell asleep at 6:30pm. I woke up around 11 as Aaron was coming into the room. I groggily asked him if he'd been downstairs this whole time, and he laughed and proceeded to tell me, no, he actually went to Chris Koza's concert at the Sunset Tavern and was back already!! And I then found out that I slept through four phone calls and a thunderstorm. Ahem.

Back to the juicy stuff! We were lucky enough to have Aaron's mom, Elanna join us for the ultra-sound, so she was there when the technician said, 'and here's the scrotum'. Who would have thought those would ever be words of beauty that would make me cry. Just between the world wide web and myself, I did definitely shed a number of tears after we found out the gender of Baby A. It was just so overwhelming and made it seem so real. And then we got to go through the same thing all over again with Baby B! Such an emotionally draining, crazy, exciting experience.

So this is how the babes are situated in my belly. They are vertically parallel with one another. A is head down with his feet up by my ribs and B is breech with his head up by my ribs.

Time for the ultra-sound photos! They aren't really clear, because they were flopping around so much! And boys being boys, they were rassling. A would kick B, and not to be outdone, B would kick right him back. It was hilarious! However, as a result, we couldn't get great photos! Feast your eyes!

Both babies!

Baby A's Little Feet! Awwwwww.

Baby A Profile - you can see the membrane that separates the sacs in this one. You can also see that he's about to launch a kick into Baby B.

Baby A - here's a close-up of his little face.


Baby B Profile

Baby B Profile

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both!!! I am amazed at the clarity of the pictures-- the pictures of my kids were a bunch of indecipherable black and white lines (granted, it was way back when!). Absolutely amazing!

    So, they are already practicing karate jabs on each other! Oh, I especially enjoy your anatomically correct drawing of the boys! Nice touch!

    Lotsa love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kitty! Now we have to figure out when we are going to get you out here to come and visit them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my heart...the pictures are SO amazing. I love, love, love them already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all the scrotums! Or would that be scroti? I have no idea. Either way, the ultrasound pictures are really awesome - very clear, and you can tell, they're cutie-pies already.

    ReplyDelete