Saturday, June 20, 2009

23 Weeks

This week, Aaron and I became uncool.  And we paid a lot of money to cement our place on the uncool list.  A list that I dreamt that I might someday be on, sure, but before I turned 30?  It's as though I'm trying as hard as possible to bring the suburbs to me. When I was partying studying in college, there was always an inkling that even when I had kids, I would be able to sustain a level of coolness that other parents just weren't able to pull off.   "Oh, they just didn't try hard enough," I would judge.  Well, I'm here to eat my words.  And those words taste like a mini-van. 

You got it.  Aaron and I made the difficult decision to bring sliding doors into our lives.   And you know what?  I like it.  Shamelessly even.  Does this mean that we'll start talking about the weather?  Perhaps. Not going out past nine?  For sure.  Swear when the 'hooligans' drive by with the bass too loud?  You betcha. Talk about the way things were when we grew up? Just give us time.  Now, check out our sweet new ride. 

Bird Poop

DVD Player

Back Seat

No comments:

Post a Comment