Wednesday, June 17, 2009

22 Weeks

Sorry for the delay in posting, it has been a busy and exhausting week. We had a whole flutter of activity.

I shall start with what I call “the day that humor died”. So, you see, I feel like I’ve had a fairly good sense of humor through this whole process, and quite honestly, I thought I got away without being the stereotypical over-emotional pregnant woman (hopefully Aaron wouldn’t disagree). To back up a step, I’ll give you some background on the emotional states during my pregnancy:

First trimester – no emotions. I threw up all my emotions.

Second trimester – love. Ohhhh did I love. I finally learned to get ahold of this one, thankfully, but not before I sent an embarrassing email to my office-mate going on and on about how lucky I was to share an office with him, blah, blah, blah. Yea, and by the time he read it, my love spell had subsided, and he looked over and awkwardly said, ‘Soooooo…’.

Last Friday – emotional break-down. And what set me off, you may ask? Why, not being able to flush the damn toilet with my foot… obviously a reason to have a break down. More specifically, I couldn’t pull my leg up high enough to be able to flush it. That was it. As I was standing there with my pants pulled down, squeezed into the bathroom stall, not unlike a hot dog, right before it’s about to burst in the microwave, I started to break down and cry right there. Straight into sobbing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Instead of retelling all the gory details, I just pasted the IM conversation below that I had with Aaron immediately upon coming back to my desk, as it’s representative of my fragile emotional state. You will also see how supportive my loving husband is in my desperate time of need.

lisa: yea - i started crying in the bathroom

aaron: puddum! AWWWW!

lisa: i couldn't get my leg high enough to flush the damn toilet

aaron:(

lisa: and it made me start to cry

aaron: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! sorry.

lisa: it was so HARD

aaron: LOLOLOL!

lisa:and i don't have any clean underwear

aaron: LOLOLOLOL!

lisa: and the kitchen's a mess

aaron: I'm dying

lisa: and there wasn't any tupperware for my fruit…

lisa: so i put it in a container

lisa: and then it leaked all over my bag,

lisa: and when i was in the bathroom, the underwear that i'm wearing came up under my baby hugger

lisa: and so it was impossible to get out

lisa: and

lisa: and

lisa: and

lisa: hiccup, sniffle

So, I’m left wondering if this will become a normal occurrence. Will I be stranded..emotionally naked, if you will, when suddenly, the only option is to start sobbing while re-enacting a scene from a movie, where I dramatically fall to my knees in the rain, throw my hands up in the air, yelling, “Whyyy”, the camera pans upwards, as my tears are mixed with the rain. When will the real Lisa return, I ask you? When?

Thankfully, my tears did dry, just in time for my 22 week check-up. All is normal, and thankfully it was quite uneventful; other than the fact that they are going to be soccer players with how much they are kicking my gut! Secretly, I think it's really cute, though, and I like it. Not sure if I’ll be saying that four weeks from now when they’re up in my ribs, but for now, I just sit there rubbing my belly, half expecting a genie to show up.

Schlichting out.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's *as* embarassing as your bathroom predicament, but I did just burst out laughing when I read "I threw up all my emotions."

    Albeit, I *am* home, in a room all by myself, but if it helps, just imagine that I was in a crowded coffee shop or in a work meeting or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your emotional breakdowns and meeting snafus are making for hilarious reading. Please continue having more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hoot! I'm so glad you're writing about this; it's priceless. Congrats!

    Lynn (old friend of Aaron's from le Tower o' Fashion)

    ReplyDelete